2015 WoCAA Series & 2014 Awards Party
We are very pleased to announce the 2015 WoCAA Race Series Calendar! 2015 will be the 3rd year of the WoCAA Race Series here in Arizona. The goal of the Series is to facilitate fun, high-quality racing experiences for women of all levels statewide. The Series point system will award points for race results for selected Arizona races throughout 2015 in eight categories. A jersey will be awarded to the winner of each individual category and a trophy will be awarded to the winning team at the end of the racing season. Additional prizes and incentives may be awarded as part of the races in this series.
2015 Series Calendar
- January 25 – Race Against Time TT
- January 31 – February 1 – Santa Catalina Omnium
- February 8 – Sun Devil Crit
- February 13-15 – Valley of the Sun Stage Race
- March 13-15 – Tucson Bicycle Classic
- April 26 – Cotton City TT #1
- May 9 – South Mountain Time Trial
2015 Series Rules and Registration
The race series is open to all female riders with no restrictions on residency or team affiliation, although all riders must have a valid USAC license or one-day license.
Riders are highly encouraged to register for the series at ArizonaReg. Registration is free and can be completed at anytime until May 9, 2015.
Riders must still register for each event in the series. Registration in the overall series does not ensure registration in individual series events.
Get involved with WoCAA this season and help promote women’s cycling in Arizona! WoCAA is looking for series liaisons to help ensure the success of the WoCAA race series and possibly expand the series next year.
Liaisons are responsible for:
- attending the race for which they are working
- discussing any necessary logistics with race promoter in advance
- obtaining and distributing series leader armbands at the race
- obtaining and setting up the WoCAA tent (optional)
- organizing any other activities for the women’s racers (optional)
If you would like to help, contact Andrea Gonzales at angonzo at email dot arizona dot edu.